No products in the cart.
Never anything you can not pronounce! Never!
What Dr. Isidor Apothecary offers to you?
Dr. Isidor Apothecary and Perfumery is dedicated to the ancient and traditional skin care formulas using natural and organically grown herbs, botanicals, algae, fungi (mushrooms), lichens, and natural and organic carrier oils. All products are preservative, paraben and phthalate free and absolutely without any artificial preservatives, additives, or unnatural chemicals. Additionally, all formulas are the products of the ancient and traditional apothecary and perfumery. We strictly follow the results of the research of modern cosmetic science and herbal principles in cosmetic formulation. What does it mean? Simply it is the traditional and ancient apothecary and perfumery for our modern times and 21st century.
Each formula is complete and multi-component; designed by using proper vehicles, surfactants, emollients, thickening agents, penetration enhancer agents and pure natural preservatives rich with antimicrobial and antioxidants properties (proprietary blend designed and formulated by Dr. Isidor Apothecary).
About our production:
Production is always kept on a small scale to ensure freshness and effectiveness. Most products may be formulated fresh by custom order or design of the signature product tailored just for you and your specific needs. Bear in mind that you cannot find 100% natural and organic skin care products, cosmetics and cosmeceuticals in big commercial retail stores.
Please shake gently each product prior to application. They are absolutely natural and organic and some formulas have tendency to naturally separate.
Our recommendation for proper skin care and what you can expect after using our products.
Objectively and professionally, there are no absolutely wrong, bad, good or exceptional and super perfect recommendations for the skin care routine, but some certain principles should be kept particularly if you use the natural and/or organic apothecary and skin care products, cosmetics and cosmeceuticals.
Our products will provide your skin with proper everyday care, reveal much brighter skin, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles to restore your skin’s youthful complexion, nourish your skin, properly hydrate, moisturize and importantly provide your skin with natural antioxidants to fight against free-radicals. Our formulas are designed to promote the natural beauty of healthy luminous skin. Our products are not designed to remove permanently wrinkles, it does not exist in the skin care and cosmetic science; wrinkles are permanent damages of the skin. However, we promise your skin will get a proper care. It is never too early or too late to have a nice, healthy, radiant and amazing skin. Use the natural products to renew and fortify your skin just like our ancestors. Our ancestors did not know about phthalate and parabens, they used botanicals and what Mother Nature offered to them like herbs, botanicals, algae, lichens, fungi etc.
For using 100% natural and organic products your useful tools will be the pure cotton pads and your clean fingertips.
Facial Skin Care:
Follow this facial skin care routine every day for your radiant and healthy looking facial skin
Daily – morning:
- cleanse your facial skin with your favorite facial wash product; if you use a natural product use cotton pads and do not forget to shake well the bottle prior every use; use enough water for rinsing your face;
- close pores with an astringent, hydrosol or toner, the same, if you use a natural product use cotton pads and do not forget to shake well a bottle of your favorite toner;
- massage in a facial lotion, gently and do not apply too much lotion, some traditional apothecary facial lotion are enough rich that a small amount (size of one bean) of the lotion would be plenty enough, simply you do not want to glow or over saturate your facial skin with the lotion or cream;
- You can proceed with your makeup regime and routine such as a foundation and makeup.
Daily – evening:
- cleanse your face with warm water and / or cleansing facial product; if you use a natural product use cotton pads and do not forget to shake well a bottle prior every use; use enough water for rinsing your face;
- mist face with hydrosol or toner; if you use a natural product use cotton pads and do not forget to shake well a bottle of your favorite toner or hydrosol;
- apply facial serum or elixir and massage in gently, simply pour a small amount of facial serum/elixir on your palm and with clean fingertips apply a serum on your facial skin, massage gently your face and neck area. Every other day treat your facial skin with antiaging cream (preferably in the evening treatment). If you are 50 year old and up you can simply use antiaging cream every evening as your evening facial treatment.
It would be beneficial for your facial skin to do facial treatment with the raw honey or clay suitable for your skin weekly (white clay for dry skin and green, red or yellow clay for normal to oily skin); I prefer the raw honey, it is absolutely the best option; it sounds messy but it worth every your effort.
Simply, follow the entire protocol mentioned above regularly and promptly.
Honey makes an excellent facial treatment remedy, it is marvelous cosmetic aid for the skin, it brings blood to the surface, removes impurities and softens the skin, it is a natural humectant (it attracts moisture, honey both moisturizes and cleanses the skin); well I know it sounds pretty messy for doing, but ask your apothecary master for some useful tips and how to make that process to be absolute success and without headaches and additional cleaning work.
Body skin Care:
- Beauty begins in the bath, no doubt about that, millenniums old ritual herbal bathing in fragrance oils, butters and fresh flowers is not a soothing, cleansing and cosmetic affair (just think about ancient Egypt, Greece, Roman Empire, Turkish baths etc.); it also has very important therapeutic applications to your body skin and spirit. It is relief for people suffering from headaches, stress and chronic skin problems. Most modern people do not take traditional bath, it is simply forgotten. The shower is something what modern people compensate for the traditional bath. In our modern time, shower last for few minutes which is not enough; do not do that, take your time, relax, and try to visualize that all your stress is going to the drain.
- Having two or three soaps and bath products is the best option, rotate them often! I do prefer and recommend to you a liquid form of any soap as we live in modern times; it is simply to sanitary and hygiene purposes compared with the soap bars. The choice for the soap is optional, Shea butter soap will moisturize your skin and honey soap with crashed calendula/marigold petals will rejuvenate your skin and gently exfoliate your body skin. The goat or donkey milk soaps are also very beneficial for your body skin. I highly recommend to our clients to use Castille soap with the hint of your fragrance oils. However, according the Dr. J.A. Hunt “There is no clear evidence that the use of soap for personal hygiene pre-dates the Christian era.”(J.A. Hunt, The Pharmaceutical Journal; 1999).Additionally, Dr. Hunt stated: “In classical times, perfumed oils were in extensive use for bathing and were combined with the use of the strigil, a metal implement used to scrape the skin free of oil and dirt. It is claimed that, for washing themselves, the Romans used a type of clay found near Rome called “sapo” from which the word soap is derived. An alternative suggestion for the derivation of the name is that the Romans learned the art of soap-making, using animal fats and plant ashes, from the Celts, who called it “saipo”.
- The body soap bars are good in our modern times compared with ancient strigils, but try Castille soap scented with your favorite essential oil such as (for example) mint and patchouli for stimulation or lavender for relaxation.
- Eat healthy, balanced diet, hair especially simply thrives on a diet rich in protein, B vitamins, trace elements and minerals and calcium especially.
- Use ONLY gentle, non-detergent based shampoos and wash your hair infrequently, only once or maximum twice per week! It sounds “unbelievable”, right?
- Natural shampoos do not foam as commercially available brands, so do not get surprised. Do not worry, your hair with natural shampoo will get all benefits necessary for your hair and scalp.
- Keep two or three favorite shampoos available in your shower and rotate them. I do recommend one formula for deep cleaning which will help the skin of your scalp to get all necessary factors for normal physiology and keep the homeostasis of the hair and scalp.
- Condition monthly with a hair oil or natural herbal rinse (make it fresh always).
- Massage your scalp thoroughly every few days or at least once weekly. Use essential oils such as rosemary or nettle to stimulate scalp and encourage new hair growth. Pure natural and organic coconut oil is also beneficial for your hair and scalp.
- Brush your hair as often and long as you can each day, several times per day. It helps and be sure your hair will like it very much.
Dr. Isidor Apothecary and Perfumery
Guidelines For Use The Products Of Dr. Isidor Apothecary
Warning and recommendations:
All formulas are designed for the adult type skin, not formulated for the children skin (we have a special line of the products for children), not formulated for the people who are allergic on the natural carrier oils and essential oils, and natural herbal products or nuts. If you are pregnant or in the period of breastfeeding or placed on the treatment with multiple medications please make consultation with your healthcare providers such as a pharmacist or a physician and discuss using this kind of natural and organic product. Some medications make interactions with botanicals naturally and can induce side effects.
Some Dr. Isidor Apothecary products might have cosmeceutical effects (potential “healing” effects), however they are formulated not to treat your dermatological conditions, but to provide your facial and hand/body skin and hair with proper everyday care and maintain your skin homeostasis and normal physiological processes. Please, contact your dermatologist and other healthcare provider in a case you have some dermatological alterations or diseases.
Deep Cleansing Facial Skin Wash:
Close your eyes every time prior to application of the formula. Cleanse your facial skin by usingthe deep cleansing facial wash product every morning and evening; use pure cotton pads and do not forget to shake well a bottle prior every use; use enough water for rinsing your face, gently use your clean bath towel or simply leave your facial skin to dry out spontaneously. The formula carries substantial antimicrobial, detoxifying, gentle exfoliating and deep cleansing properties. You will notice after several usage of this product that your facial skin is rejuvenated, properly cleaned and after a while your will notice that some your acnes, small pimples or blackheads are simply gone. Some ingredients in this deep cleansing facial skin wash will simply detoxify your facial skin, fight against microbes and especially bacteria responsible for acne. This formula also protect you against any comedogenic and acnegenic agents, one of them potentially can be heavy make-up, heavy facial skin foundations or over saturation of your facial skin with multiple facial skin products or products abundant with lanolin.
Facial Skin Care Toner:
Close your facial skin pores with a toner after proper cleansing in the morning and evening, use cotton pads, apply a small amount of the toner over facial skin, and do not forget to shake well a bottle of the toner prior every use. Facial Skin toner is generally used to decrease the appearance of large pores, and prepare the face for the application of make-up. A skin care routine starts with a cleanser, which is then followed by a toner and moisturizer, though people tend to forget to tone the skin. Making a point of adding a toner to the skin can help improve the look of the skin. Of course the benefits of a certain toner depend on the ingredients. The skin is naturally acidic with a pH balance around 5-6. Cleansing the skin will strip the natural oil that helps maintain this pH balance due to the alkaline nature of your soap. This will cause your skin to produce an excessive amount of oil to replace what was lost. Toners will help your skin maintain the proper pH so your skin will remain healthy. Additionally, a toner that contains botanical extracts can help tighten your pores, limiting the risk of allergens or impurities from agitating them. This will help you avoid unsightly or painful blemishes or pimples. Currently, there are some information regarding using toners. We still believe that toners can provide a lot of benefits to your facial skin in everyday usage.
Facial Skin Care Serum/Elixir:
Apply the facial serum / elixir and massage in gently, simply pour a small amount of facial serum/elixir on your palm (size of the bean) and by using the clean fingertips apply a serum on your facial skin, massage gently your facial skin and the skin of the neck area. This formula is a complete facial skin treatment and many customers use only serum after proper cleansing and toning facial skin in the morning and evening. Your facial skin will be radiant, not glowing, looking healthy, properly hydrated and moisturized for 12+ hours and rejuvenated. Some ingredients carry the strong (scientifically approved) properties of stimulating collagen synthesis, anti-aging properties, detoxifying and cleansing properties with effect of gentle exfoliation and balancing normal physiology of skin homeostasis. The skin epidermis and its array of appendages undergo ongoing renewal by a process called homeostasis. Stem cells in the epidermis have a crucial role in maintaining tissue homeostasis by providing new cells to replace those that are constantly lost during tissue turnover or following injury. Different resident skin stem cell pools contribute to the maintenance and repair of the various epidermal tissues of the skin, including inter-follicular epidermis, hair follicles and sebaceous glands. Interestingly, the basic mechanisms and signaling pathways that orchestrate epithelial morphogenesis in the skin are reused during adult life to regulate skin homeostasis. Homeostasis in skin is fueled by stem cells in epithelial tissues, which replace the keratinocytes that are lost either through normal differentiation and tissue turnover, or through cell death owing to the damaged incurred following injury. Recent studies in modern cosmetic and dermatology science have begun to explain some of the mysteries of these special “fountains of youth”, which reside in different compartments of the skin and underlie the remarkable resilience of the skin.
Facial Skin Care Lotion:
Massage in a facial lotion, gently and do not apply too much lotion, some traditional apothecary facial lotion are enough rich that a small amount (size of one bean) of the lotion would be plenty enough, simply you do not want to glow, you can proceed with your makeup regime and routine such as a foundation and makeup.
Hand / Body Skin Care Cream:
Apply daily on your clean body skin or several times per day on hand skin if you use frequently cleansing products without using gloves. Firstly, apply a small amount of the cream and after several minutes (usually 3-5 minutes) apply the second layer of the cream. This formula will protect your body and hand skin of dehydration, provide the skin with proper hydration up to 12+ hours as well as it will help your cuticle area and your fingernails to be properly nourished and treated. You can expect the first visible benefi after one single application. Be consistent; use the cream as much as you can either for your body skin or treatment of hand skin.
Every other day treat your facial skin with antiaging cream (preferably in the evening treatment). This recommendation is for people less than 50 year old. If you are elder than 50 use this cream as your everyday evening facial skin care treatment. This formula is my (Dr. Isidor) favorite product. This cream will provide your facial skin with proper care, reveal brighter skin, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles to restore your skin’s youthful complexion, will nourish your skin, properly hydrate, and importantly provide your skin with natural antioxidants to fight against free-radicals. Our formulas are designed to promote the natural beauty of healthy luminous skin. Some certain ingredients will try to promote collage synthesis as much as possible. Some our customers stated and shared their experience with us about this cream very honestly “I wish I could you this cream before I got so deep wrinkles”. By using this cream you will soothe sensitive facial skin, some oils in this formula contains a plethora of vitamins that promote skin regeneration while offering protection and proper hydration. How will you get more youthful appearance with this cream, some ingredients have gentle exfoliating properties they lift up dead skin cells and encourages the skin’s natural cell turnover process, simply result will be smoother skin that is more youthful. However, some other ingredients in this formula will provide a full fight against stubborn skin discoloration, soothe irritation and fight against acne breakouts.
This salve is designed for damaged skin, treating small cuts, contact dermatitis, and eczema, so called “diaper rash” in the external perianal and perigenital area, and/or extreme dry skin. The salve can be used on your facial skin and body/hand skin. This products belongs in cosmeceuticals, however it does not have intention to compensate professional dermatological treatment for your serious skin alterations such as psoriasis and other dermatological diseases. Discuss with your dermatologist, is calendula salve proper option to alleviate your skin problems, symptoms and sings of skin diseases.
Apply small amount (size of the bean) on your facial skin and gentle massage your skin. The treatment would be after shaving to clean your facial skin with deep facial skin cleansing and after shaving to apply after-shave lotion. Use the lotion every day. It is designed and formulated for men skin specifically. The formula carries excellent antimicrobial, detoxifying properties as well as proper hydration and moisturizing effect for your facial skin up to 12 hours.
Natural Perfume Oil – Aromatics:
Apply small amount on your neck area and wrist.
Eau de Parfum:
Apply eau de parfum on your neck area, behind your ears, wrist. Do not mix the perfume; let it dry out spontaneously on your skin.
Intensive skin hydration cream:
The formula is designed according the ancient and traditional apothecary art and mastery with the herbal principles in the modern cosmetic science to alleviate extreme dryness of the facial and/or hand /body skin. Apply the cream abundantly on the area of the extreme dry skin. Multiple applications could be more efficient and your dry skin will benefit from the multiple treatments during day. This formula is not designed to compensate dermatological treatments but it can alleviate the symptoms. For the medical treatment contact your dermatologist. We can help your dermatologist with consultation regarding natural and organic skin care products, cosmetics and cosmeceuticals and we can make a signature product for you specifically designed for your skin health alterations in collaboration with your dermatologist.
Damaged skin cream:
The formula is designed according the ancient and traditional apothecary art with the herbal principles in the modern cosmetic science to alleviate symptoms and signs of damaged facial and/or hand /body skin. Apply the cream abundantly on the area of damaged skin. Multiple applications could be more efficient and your damaged skin will benefit from the multiple treatments during day. This formula is not designed to compensate dermatological treatments but it could alleviate the symptoms. For the medical treatment contact your dermatologist. We can help your dermatologist with consultation regarding natural and organic skin care products, cosmetics and cosmeceuticals and we can make a signature product for you specifically designed for your skin health alterations in collaboration with your dermatologist.
Apply the lotion abundantly on the area of damaged skin. Multiple applications could be more efficient and your affected skin will benefit from the multiple treatments during the day. This formula is not designed to compensate dermatological treatments but it could alleviate the symptoms. For the medical treatment contact your dermatologist. We can help your dermatologist with consultation regarding natural and organic skin care products, cosmetics and cosmeceuticals and we can make a signature product for you specifically designed for your skin health alterations in collaboration with your dermatologist.
Apply the lotion only on the area of the damaged skin affected with acnes. Multiple applications could be more efficient and your affected skin will benefit from the multiple treatments during day. This formula is not designed to compensate dermatological treatments but it could alleviate the symptoms. For the medical treatment contact your dermatologist. We can help your dermatologist with consultation regarding natural and organic skin care products, cosmetics and cosmeceuticals and we can make a signature product for you specifically designed for your skin health alterations in collaboration with your dermatologist.
Apply the lotion on your facial and body skin prior to exposure to the Sun. Multiple applications could be more efficient and your skin will benefit from the multiple treatments during day. SPF reached in this formula is 65+.
Shea butter body soap:
This formula is pure natural and organic soap formula in the form of paste. The soap is rich in Shea butter, carrier oils such as olive oil, palm oil, neem oil and coconut oil.
Skin Care Line For The Children
Baby Body Cream:
Recommendation, prior to the first use, apply a small amount of the cream on the baby’s skin and observe is there any potential allergic reaction (possibly only from the sweet almond), if not, continue to apply abundantly on baby skin after bath or shower. However, sweet almond is very important part of cosmetics and cosmeceuticals because it has the same density as our normal skin oils and fats and in that way sweet almond oil is very important for the human skin. The same is with avocado oil.
Baby Body Lotion:
It is the light version of the cream. The ingredients are: contains the same ingredients as the cream with addition of 100% natural and organic vegetable glycerine which is the excellent addition for the baby’s skin because of its outstanding moisturizing properties.
Baby Hair Shampoo:
The shampoo is made of 100% pure certified organic olive, palm, coconut oils (Sapocastilliensis; Sapohispaniensis), including palm oil, sunflower oil, sweet almond oil with addition of argan oil and therapeutic grade of rosemary oil and mint oil.
The soap is very friendly for delicate baby skin made of pure natural and organic Shea butter, honey, vegetable glycerine and 100% natural and organic calendula oil. There are several drops of pure therapeutic grade of ylang-ylang oil as a natural fragrance.
Pure Calendula Salve:
Made of 100% natural and organic calendula / marigold oil and beeswax. It is absolutely baby friendly salve and it is excellent to prevent diaper rash, eczema, dermatitis, treating a small wounds, cuts etc. It carries outstanding antimicrobial properties, promote gently reepithelization.
If for some reason you are not happy with my products, I would objectively and professionally recommend to you only WELEDA baby skin care line. The Weleda is European company based in Switzerland and Germany and their baby products are really good. However, even they claimed that most of the products are 100% certified natural and 95% organic I would like to make you aware of some important facts. 100 % NATURAL AND 100% ORGANIC apothecary products CANNOT be found in the stores such as Whole Food, pharmacy store etc. because those products are made in small production series and their shelf life is significantly shorter compared with commercially available brands. Mostly 100% natural and 100% organic apothecary products are available as a custom orders or signature products and they are formulated after customer’s order. However, all of us who are making 100% natural and organic apothecary products have primary stock of the oils, extracts…but once is the product formulated the “clock” of the shelf life starts ticking.
To learn more about natural and organic products, where to find them and how to use them, read our blog:
If you have any questions and / or concerns, please do not hesitate to “Talk To Us”. Dr. Isidor Apothecary.